From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Arnson
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 7:55 AM
To: K-ballo
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Extensions and Schemas

K-ballo wrote:
> I'm working on a very simple extension, and I have a question about the
> schema. My main element will have Product as parent, and I would like to
> limit the number of sibblings to just one, so only one instance of my
> element can be used in a project.
> How can I accomplish this kind of restrictions (min/maxOccurs) at the
> schema from an extension, where I can't modify the parent element?

You probably can't do it via schema validation but need to code the
check in the compiler extension. In general, WiX does explicit authoring
checks because it can do so more flexibly than schema validation allows
-- certainly it gives better errors then 'invalid content.'<g>

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/