Thanks for your help, Rob.

On 7/5/07, Rob Mensching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Please keep the mailing list on the lineā€¦

Sorry about that - switched accounts and dropped the CC accidentally.

You have to call it before RemoveFiles executes.  Or you have to remove the
dependency.

I recommend the latter whenever possible.

I'm not sure how to remove the dependency. My issue is that I need to clear
out a directory of plugins at uninstall time, and the contents of this
directory are a mix of installed files and an unpredictable and arbitrarily
deep set of files and directories that were downloaded using an update
manager built into the product.

If you know of a better way to do this, I'd love to hear about it.

The custom dll reads the INSTALLDIR from the registry and does a recursive
delete of INSTALLDIR/plugins. I couldn't find some easy built in way to do
this in WiX, so I tried resorting to the custom dll.

To place the CA before RemoveFiles, I placed it before
"RemoveRegistryValues", but I'm still seeing the same issue.

Thanks-
 Carter