Hi

The Condition in Component is evaluated ONLY during install time. If
it will be evaluated to TRUE the component will be installed.

In your scenario the Registry keys are not present during
Installation so the Component is installed (registered in system).

And during uninstallation (since the component was installed) the
RemoveFolder rows are processed.

You will probably need to write some CustomAction to solve your problem.

Regards

Stefan

Pierson Lee (Volt) wrote:
> I’m at my wit’s end trying to figure out this RemoveFolders problem so
> any help will be greatly appreciated.
>

> I am attempting to remove 2 folders that I created on install ONLY if
> all 3 registry keys I’m checking for do not exist.
>

> My Component for removeFolders looks like this:
>

> <Component Id="ShareAFolderRemoval" Guid="{MY-GUID-HERE}" >
>
> <Condition>(NOT (KEY1_EXISTS="1") OR NOT (KEY2_EXISTS="1") OR NOT
> (KEY3_EXISTS="1")) AND Installed</Condition>
>
>       <RemoveFolder Id="ShareA_RemoveFolder" Directory="ShareADir"
> On="uninstall" />
>
>       <RemoveFolder Id="ShareB_RemoveFolder" Directory="ShareBDir"
> On="uninstall"/>
>
> </Component>
>

> Unfortunately, every time I run the uninstall it will remove the folders
> even when the key . My next step is during the folder creation process,
> to set those components to Permanent=”yes” but that causes the folders
> not to be removed.
>

> Any one have any suggestions?
>

> Thanks
> --Pierson

> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/

Stefan Pavlik | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Whitestein Technologies s.r.o. | www.whitestein.com
Panenska 28 | 811 03 Bratislava | Slovak Republic
Main +421 2 5443-5502 | Direct +421 2 5930-0735