Kevin Burton wrote:

I am sorry this is such a beginner question but I have read the tutorial and listened to various replies about patches etc. and I have yet to find a solution.

What I want is this. If the application is already installed stop the installed services, copy the updated files to the same location that the application was installed at, and start the services. If the application is not installed then go through the "normal" installation process prompting the user for information, installing services, modifying config files, starting services, etc. (Note: this part works just fine). Is there a sample or some words of advice that would put me closer than I am to a solution?

That's a major upgrade. See http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson4.php for details.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/