Great thanks for the reply Mike, that makes sense.

So could this be classified as a bug in heat.exe? It sounds like heat
should be limiting the Component ID to a length of 35 for merge modules?
Aka when the "-template:module" flag is used.

I did a search through the bugs database for heat and component but
found no bugs.

I'm a newbie here so how does one submit a bug?

Thanks again

Jimbo