Hi,

I have a question about initializing a MySql (v.5) database using Wix.  Our
application is written in C# .net, and uses a .net connector to talk to the
database.  Right now, we have a custom action that call the MySql.exe client,
passing in a SQL script to initialize the database.  While this works, it does
generate an ugly DOS box flash which I would like to avoid.

I noticed that there is some SQL support in Wix, but did not find extensive
documentation on this (or an example).  At first glance my guess is that this
only works for SQL server installations.  Does someone have more information?

Below is this custom action we use to initialize the schema

<CustomAction Id="InitializeSchema" ExeCommand="&quot;[#mysql.exe]&quot; -u
root --execute=&quot;source [#InitializeSchema.sql]&quot;" Directory="bin"
Return="check" />

The setup is actually installing the entire MySQL database (after
reverse-engineering the MySQL setup), which also works great, but now causes
4-5 min build times for light to compress all the files.  I have actually
separated the mysql portions into a merge module , which basically works and
reduces the build to < 1 min, but now the custom actions break, since the id
that [#mysql.exe] references is in another file - I get a missing foreign key
error message from one of the ICE checkers.

thanks in advance,

Friedrich

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com