Lingappa,

Attached are two files: PackageTree.cs, a custom task that generates an
XML file containing a WiX fragment, and metadata.cs an auxilary class
that handles the GUIDS. The code is still a bit rough around the edges,
but works fine.

A .metadata.xml file is created in every subdirectory to store the GUIDs
that the task creates for each component. You will get warnings for
every file the first time it runs, and then from then on just warnings
when new files are added.

You want something like this in your wixproj file to get it to run and
create a fragment file called "tree.wxs" that contains components for
each file ending in .txt in c:\some\directory. The generated file will
automatically get compiled.

        <PackageTree
                RootDirectory="c:\some\directory"
                OutputFileName="tree.wxs"
                MatchPattern="\.txt$">
          <Output TaskParameter="OutputFileName" ItemName="Compile" />
        </PackageTree>

Cheers,
John

  _____