From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of davemave
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 12:25 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] service not showing after ServiceInstall

Great tip,
I think I found it:

MSI (s) (18:50) [11:49:52:515]: Feature: ProductFeature; Installed: Absent;
Request: Local;   Action: Local
MSI (s) (18:50) [11:49:52:515]: Component: ProductComponent; Installed:
Absent;   Request: Local;   Action: Local
MSI (s) (18:50) [11:49:52:515]: Component:
AtAdapterService.Basisverzekering.dll; Installed: Absent;   Request: Local;
Action: Local
MSI (s) (18:50) [11:49:52:515]: Component: AtAdapterService.dll; Installed:
Absent;   Request: Local;   Action: Local

Everyting is "Installed: Absent;".
Which means :   Component or feature is not currently installed.
according to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/aa367858.aspx

I'm doing something wrong in my wix probably, it looks like this:

<Component Id="ProductComponent"
Guid="409c8e05-b542-42db-a616-efbcc7ce9551">

  <ServiceInstall Id="MessageQueueListener.exe"
                  DisplayName="MessageQueue Listener Service"
                  Name="MessageQLService"
                  ErrorControl="normal"
                  Start="auto"
                  Type="ownProcess"
                  Vital="yes">
  </ServiceInstall>

  <ServiceControl Id="MessageQueueListener.exe" Name="MessageQLService"
Remove="uninstall" Wait="yes"/>

  <CreateFolder/>
</Component>

<Feature Id="ProductFeature" Title="MessageQueue Listener"
ConfigurableDirectory="INSTALLLOCATION" Level="1">
  <ComponentGroupRef Id="ComponentGroup1"/>
  <ComponentRef Id="ProductComponent" />
</Feature>

What is wrong? I can't see it. Why isn't the service installed.