Pierson Lee (Volt) wrote:

From my understand of reading MSIExec's help file (and I might be totally wrong) the /a flag (for admin install) is for a network install.

Admin installs create a source image that you can run a local install from. It's usually placed on a network share so users can run local installs from the network.

If that's the case with the CA not running, why would it then generate an error message?

None of the WiX custom actions are enabled during an admin install. Check the AdminExecuteSequence table.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/