> From reading blogs on the web, the way to add the merge modules for
> the VC8 CRT libraries is shown in the WXS code below.  But I get a lot
> of warnings in the process.
>
> We are using Visual Studio 2005 SP1 and Wix v3.0.2925
>
> What is the reason for all the warnings?
>
> What can be done to fix the warnings?  Or is there a bug/problem with
> the CRT merge modules?

Francois,

As far as I know, there is no way around the warnings.

I've taken an approach mentioned by someone else on this list, to
disable most ICE warnings normally, but create a separate project
configuration with the warnings enabled that defines a preprocessor
variable 'Verify' and has all the merge modules removed, i.e.

      <?ifndef Verify?>
      <MergeRef Id="Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86.msm" />
      <MergeRef Id="policy_8_0_Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86.msm" />
      <?endif ?>

Cheers,
John