Hello,

        I was wondering if WiX v3 has plans to support or include stock dialogs
for administrative installations.  I had looked at the WiXWiki and the WiX v3
help for information on it.  However, I did not see any sort of admin stock
dialogs.  Granted, I could probably author it on my own as the help does go
into it enough that I could figure it out.  However, I am a little too
inexperienced - and to be blunt, lazy - to try to build the stock admin UI on
my own.  Are there any plans on the WiX v3 roadmap to include it as a part of
the default WiX UI stock dialog sets, i.e., WiXUI_Admin?  This is probably the
only thing that I have found lacking going from our former authoring solution
to WiX v3.

        Even though administrative installations do work with WiX MSIs via
command line, it just looks weird that the only dialog that pops up is the
ExitDialog when it completes.  There is no welcome, no browse, and no progess
dialog, which may be by design.  Only the ExitDialog pops up - BOOM! You're
done - thanks for playing/installing.  I am aware of the command line
parameters that can make this somewhat smoother - msiexec /q and its variants
to suppress the (one) dialog and setting the TARGETDIR in the command line to
determine the folder location.  However, I do have some clients who would
actually like a GUI for the administrative installations that closely matches
the normal installation GUI.  I know that it is somewhat ironic to require the
GUI for admin installs since you normally have to start them from the command
line.  However, those clients pay the bills.  Thank you for your time.  Have a
good day.

David J. Antoine
Infrastructure Development Group
Townsend Analytics
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.realtick.com

This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information
intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying,
disclosure or distribution of this information may be subject to legal
restriction or sanction.  Please notify the sender, by electronic mail or
telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the original message without
making any copies.