-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jcafaro10
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 10:10 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Beginning Question

Well I think how it works is the version number is stored somewhere so
we
need to check it out to modify it, and then check it back in so it
becomes
part of the install.  Is there an AfterCompile attribute instead of
InstallFiles?  Maybe I'm doing that too late.  Or is it just not
possible to
do these things with wix and I have to do them with MSBuild or Nant

Brian Poploskie wrote:

> It looks like you have some Nant tags in there.  I'm not really sure
> what you're trying to do.  Unless you're doing a TFS checkout/checkin
as
> part of your install I'm confused by what you're trying to do.  You're
> describing things that happen at install time, not at build time, in
> your WiX files.  To build use MSBuild or Nant or the build tool of
your
> choice.
>
> I'd suggest starting the tutorial at the beginning and going all the
way
> through.
>
> The tags you have in there aren't valid children in the WiX Schema.
> You're missing the dllentry parameter in your CustomActions required
> do the type 1 custom action and execute a method from a DLL.  The ID
in
> your Binary is just an identifier.
>
> Brian Poploskie

$(AssemblyInfoFilePath)"