I've split up my debug and release versions of my installers to make
maintenance and building easier.  I just build and link different wxs
files depending on which version I want to build.  The components have
the same names in the different versions of the files, but the debug
ones have the pdb file as part of the component.  That way the feature
gets put together properly based on the linked file.

The problem I'm having is that when I try to add an assembly to the GAC
in the debug version I'm getting the following error:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly
'bridgeSpeak.EventSinks,version="1.5.908.0",culture="neutral",publicKeyT
oken="XXX"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information.
HRESULT: 0x80131043. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function:
Commit, component: {XXX}

I've managed to find a few things that say this is due to a hash value
not checking out when it's trying to add the assembly.  I'm guessing
because the component references both files and only the dll is being
added to the GAC.

Is there any way around this?  Or does anyone have a suggestion as to a
better technique to manage debug and release versions of the
application?

Brian Poploskie

bridgeSpeak
(248) 588-4477
Try it out!  Call (248) 588-4477 and say 'demonstration'!
http://www.bridgeSpeak.com <blocked::http://www.bridgespeak.com/>