Jarrod Marshall wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone have an example of using the updated MSMQ extensions in Votive
> v3? Right now, the trouble I'm having is that the schema seems invisible.
> Do I need to copy over some more schema files to the WiX MSI install path?

Hi,

yes, there are some files to copy (from binaries.zip):
copy wix3-binaries\doc\*.xsd to <Program Files>\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\Xml\Schemas
copy wix3-binaries\*Extension.dll to  <Program Files>\Windows Installer XML
v3\bin
(at least the msmq related)

Example:
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";
xmlns:util="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/UtilExtension";
xmlns:msmq="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/MsmqExtension"; >
<Component ... >
    <util:User Id="GroupUsers" Domain="[LOGONDOMAIN]" Name="Users"
CreateUser="no" FailIfExists="no" RemoveOnUninstall="no" />
        <msmq:MessageQueue PathName=".\Private$\wixtest" Label="My Test
Queue" Id="MyTestQueue" >
            <msmq:MessageQueuePermission User="GroupUsers"
Id="MyTestQueuePerm" PeekMessage="yes" ReceiveMessage="yes"
WriteMessage="yes" />
        </msmq:MessageQueue >
</Component>

Hint: I couldn't get util:Groups working. Instead I had to use util:User I'm
not sure if this is correct or if I used util:Group incorrect.

hth

Dominik