Phil Wilson

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Albert van
Peppen
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 12:47 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Repair issue

Thanks for your quick reply :)

This makes you wonder why the MSI file is being cached anyway...

Is this a general issue (e.g. is it still there in WiX 3.0 or in MSI 4.x
?) and is there a way to get around this?

The most likely way is to copy the MSI file onto a directory after
installing and then altering the registry accordingly (as is noted in
Rule 31)

But i don't think this a nice solution.

Regards,

Albert van Peppen