conkerjoe wrote:

> Im sorry i dont quite understand what you are suggesting.
> If i remove the RUNFROMEXE the user can launch the msi without the exe.
> which is not what i want. And .Net is not my only prerequisite.. i have
> over 10 custom prerequisite.. which i have working perfectly. my only
> issue is modifying the setup.exe generated by GenerateBootStrapper to pass
> this parameter along with some upgrading parameters to the msiexec call
> when it launches the msi.

Hi,
I'm sorry to be not clear enough. I did another check and it looks like that
the setup.exe generated by GenerateBootStrapper could not handle parameters
for MSI.

To be more clear I try to explain again:
Right now you have one LaunchConditon checking RUNFROMEXE.

My suggestion was to add one LaunchCondition for each of your Prerequisites.
The properties for each condition could be filled per AppSearch
(RegistrySearch or FileSearch)
See http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson3.php and don't forget to add
<LaunchConditions After='AppSearch' /> as mentioned in tutorial

So your msi is protected whether it is called directly or per bootstrapper.

Alternatively you could give dotnetinstaller http://www.devage.com/ a try
(see
http://www.nabble.com/Downloading-and-launching-apps-during-install-t3651203.html
)