The custom actions require the "legacy administration objects" today.  Maybe
one day we'll update the IIS custom actions to not require that on Vista.  It's
a pretty large work item though.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Lalande
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 09:43
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] IIS, Vista and WiX

I have completed the an installer that installs a ASP.Net 2.0 web application.
It works fine in Windows 2003 Server but fails on Vista with the error message:

Cannot connect to the Internet Information Server.
(-2147221164       )

In the log file, the detail for the failure is:

ConfigureIIs:  failed to get IID_IMSAdminBase Object
Error 26001. Cannot connect to Internet Information Server.  (-2147221164
  )

Is there anything special needed for Vista installs of a web site in IIS using
WiX?

John