Hi, I am trying to create an advertised desktop shortcut. The problem is that
in the component containing the shortcut, I cannot set KeyPath = "yes", or
else I will get errors with the ORCA validation tool and the advertising
doesn't work. If I set KeyPath = "no", then I must have a file under the
component that has KeyPath = "yes", and a shortcut under that file. However
this is extraneous since that file is also installed somewhere else in my
code, and there are problems with opening that shortcut after it has been
installed. Before I just had the shortcut directly under the shortcut's
component (it was non-advertised), and it worked fine.

My code looks like the following:

         <Directory Id="DesktopFolder" Name="Desktop">
         </Directory>

            <Directory Id="PROGDIR" Name="PROG_.3" LongName="prog-1.3.3">
               <Component Id="ProgShortcut" Guid="..." KeyPath="no">
                  <File Id="ProgShortcutFile" Name="Prog.exe"
Source="..\Prog.exe" DiskId="8" Vital="no" KeyPath="yes">
                     <Shortcut Id="ProgShortcut" Directory="DesktopFolder"
Name="Prog" WorkingDirectory="..." Icon="ProgIcon.exe" Advertise="yes">
                        <Icon Id="ProgIcon.exe" SourceFile="..\Prog.exe" />
                     </Shortcut>
                  </File>
               </Component>
            </Directory>

The program is "Prog" and "..." represents some GUID (for simplicity).

Thanks for any help.