One of the things required for Windows Installer to put an entry in the
FilesInUse dialog is that it
  needs to be able to find a window handle.  This is why the program doesn't
appear in the list if
it is in the tray.  I think this might have been sorted out in Windows
Installer v4.  You'll need a
custom action to get round the problem.

Rob