Bob,

thanks for the reply, I see that I am able to remove the item by changing
my feature to be shown, but then using the Remove event as you mentioned
in your blog.

However, I'm wondering if it's possible to remove the feature completely?
Is there some event I can call to remove the feature from the treeview, or
will it always be shown there?

Kelly

Bob Arnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09/24/2007 11:12 PM

Kelly Leahy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject
Re: [WiX-users] How to hide features based on CD-KEY

Kelly Leahy wrote:
First of all, is this possible?  It seems like it should be with feature
conditions, but it seems like the feature conditions are being evaluated
before my CD-KEY is tested by my VBscript code.

See http://www.joyofsetup.com/2007/05/30/feature-conditions-and-ui/ for an
explanation of why it doesn't work. Basically, feature conditions are
evaluated early so you need to schedule your custom action earlier.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Unless indicated
to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.
Unless stated otherwise, this communication does not form a prescribed
statement of actuarial opinion under American Academy of Actuaries
guidelines.