The only thing I can think of is that if you specify the user account, and then
as part of the MSI try and start the service, if the service start fails, I
think the installer fails too.  (not a very good check, I  know).

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chad Petersen
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 1:11 PM
To: Sunghwa Jin; WiX-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] WiX v3: How to verify user name / password entered?

There are quite a few variations on this which can present some obstacles. Not
sure how much control you have over the users that will be installing your
package, but we had none.

1. Machine is on the domain and you pass in a domain account
2. Machine is not on the domain and you try to pass in a domain account
3. Machine is on the domain and you pass in a domain account that isn't part of
the local user or admin groups
4. Machine is on the domain but the person doing the install tries to pass in a
local non-domain account.

After many attempts to cover all the bases we finally decided to set our
services to LocalSystem and then have the user change this as a post-install
step. Makes the install a bit cleaner, too. Less dialogs the user has to be
concerned with.