What they meant in the MSDN is that you should store settings for the
current user only, not every user. If your application still has
settings for all users, use HKLM or write it in an xml/ini config in
the application folder.

To set entries for specific user's HKCU registry, you can use the
HKEY_USERS key but you have to know the user's SID...

Best regards,
Sebastian Brand

Instyler Software - http://www.instyler.com