Bob Arnson wrote:
> Alexander Botowski wrote:
>> is there a way to force Windows Installer to complete costing
>> immediately
>> after CostFinalize so that CostingComplete property will be set to 1?
>>

> No, it's designed to continue in the background while the user goes
> through the UI.
Hm, I'm wondering how disk space costing could be such a lengthy
operation that is must run in the background.

>> If I call InstallValidate action before MsiEnumComponentCosts(), it
>> works.
>> But I suppose this is not the right way to do it since
>> InstallValidate is
>> destined for the InstallExecuteSequence, not for the UI phase.
>>

> If you have an external UI handler, you can do everything in the
> execute sequence.

I found an example in the docs for the MsiGetFeatureCost() API where
they call InstallValidate before.
So I assume it is intended to do the same for MsiEnumComponentCosts()
since the functions are quite similar.

Alex