The wix schema seems to have support for digitally signing packages -
the DigitalCertificate element, the DigitalCertificateRef element -
but I can't see how they're meant to be used.

Presumably light has to have access to the certificate's private key
at some point, and it isn't clear to me from the docs how it gets
this. It also isn't clear what format the certificate's SourceFile
has to be in.

Is there a list somewhere of what CAs Microsoft trusts to issue code-
signing certs? We're willing to pay the Verisign "tax", but would be
happier paying someone else for a cert as long as it is trusted
identically...

Cheers,

Chris