Hello,

Eric Hybner wrote:

> Thanks Bob. FWIW, the problem appears to be with a default value.
> Removing the following registry value gets me past the issue for now.
>
> <RegistryValue Root="HKCR"
> Key="CLSID\{01D6FA3C-BCF4-35AB-820A-49ACAF99F5F8}\InprocServer32"
> Value="mscoree.dll" Type="string" Action="write" />

Does anyone know if there is a workaround to this problem that is better
than manually writing all of the appropriate <RegistryValue> elements that
would replace the <Class> element, or if this particular Heat bug (think I
saw it logged but can't find it now!) is likely to be fixed any time soon?

It looks like Heat is being too keen in assuming that the harvested registry
keys can be mapped to COM registration. Removing the mscoree <RegistryValue>
element simply breaks the COM registration of that .NET component, and
adding a Server="mscoree.dll" entry to the <Class> element (which seems like
the right thing to do) results in LGHT0094.

cheers,
Karim