Hi All,

I am able to set all the IIS Settings via the IISExtension for Wix 3.0. Now, I
need to set a few more settings which the extension doesn’t provide and hence
would like to invoke a WSF file called iis.wsf which sets additional settings
of the website. When I include the file as a Binary and invoke it in a custom
action, I get the below error:

MSI (s) (14:DC) [19:00:54:212]: Product: MS.ESPS.WebApps.Marketplace -- Error
1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program
required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor. Action: UpdateIISSettings, location:
C:\winnt\Installer\MSI33AB.tmp, command: cmohan-dev
C:\Depots\ESPS\mls\private\Deployment\iis\EdComWeb-dev.xml

<CustomAction
            Id='UpdateIISSettings'
            BinaryKey=d.wsf'
            Execute='deferred'
            ExeCommand='param1 ComWeb-dev.xml'
            Return='check'/>

The binary files are defined as :

<!-- xml2iis files -->
            <Binary Id="setaccess.vbs"
SourceFile="$(var.IIS_DIR)\setaccess.vbs" />
            <Binary Id="a.vbs" SourceFile="$(var.IIS_DIR)\a.vbs" />
            <Binary Id="b.vbs" SourceFile="$(var.IIS_DIR)\b.vbs" />
            <Binary Id="v.vbs" SourceFile="$(var.IIS_DIR)\c.vbs" />
            <Binary Id="d.wsf" SourceFile="$(var.IIS_DIR)\d.wsf" />

In the similar lines, when I include a VBscript file, say updateConfig.vbs, and
include it in a customAction, it gives the same error. If I change the VBScript
to call a function then the sample works, but I would like to run the script as
if its run from command prompt.

Any help on how to invoke the wsf and vbscript files would be highly helpful.

Thanks,