In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
    RussGreen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes:

> A version of the custom dialog is also in my adminUI.  What I want to do is
> to be able to run and admin install and input the paths to these 2 files
> (this works) but then when I run the MSI created during the admin install
> the values still use the default values for a new install and not the values
> input during the administrative installation.

The administrative image will persist property changes, but if you
have custom actions or other code that re-initializes the properties
when you run the install, then the persisted values will be lost.

> I think I might need to create an MSI transform.mst during the admin install
> to achieve this....

No, you don't need to do this.  Windows Installer does something like
that for you (exactly what it does is undocumented as you're not
supposed to care about the method used to implement the property
persistence).