If your putting a shortcut on the desktop, you'll first want to read about how
it's not a really good idea in the first place.

http://robmensching.com/blog/archive/2007/04/27/How-to-create-an-uninstall-shortcut-and-pass-all-the.aspx

  That said, I know NTFS supports controlling who can list the contents of a
folder, but I don't think there is a way to control who can and can't see a
.LNK file.    It could possibly be done with GPO but that's way outside of the
realm of setup.

  In short I wouldn't try, but if it's possible, maybe someone will think of a
way I haven't thought of.  I'll be looking out for it...

"Werner, Harvey D" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                I have a shortcut to uninstall our product, but I want that
shortcut to only display for privileged users. I don’t what just any user
seeing it from the start menu.

  How is that done?

  For a local user not in the Administrators group, Add or Remove Programs has
no Change button for our application so that part is OK.
  --
Harvey Werner
HP StorageWorks, NAS Division