Are you planning to ship patches?  The reason I ask is that patch generation
uses uncompressed images, and /a is a useful way to generate them.

Phil Wilson

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Davut Karabay
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 1:24 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] How to prevent administrative (network) installation

Hi,

How can I prevent a network installation (msiexec.exe /a XYZ.msi)? I pasted
below the WIX content. Should I add a single dialog to <AdminUISequence>, to
say that it is not supported, and give the option to finish? Is there a better
way?

(PS: I am not a WIX expert... Never understood why we had to list "FatalError",
"UserExit", "ExitDialog" and "PrepareDlg" dialogs in <AdminUISequence>. I think
this whole sequence thing is more complicated than it should be. Wondering if
anyone feels the same way.)

    <UI>
      <AdminUISequence>
        <Custom Action="DIRCA_TARGETDIR" Sequence="750">TARGETDIR=""</Custom>
        <Show Dialog="FatalError" OnExit="error" />
        <Show Dialog="UserExit" OnExit="cancel" />
        <Show Dialog="ExitDialog" OnExit="success" />
        <Show Dialog="PrepareDlg" Before="CostInitialize"><![CDATA[]]></Show>
        <Show Dialog="AdminWelcomeDlg" After="CostFinalize" />
        <Show Dialog="ProgressDlg" After="AdminWelcomeDlg" />
      </AdminUISequence>
    </UI>
    <AdminExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="DIRCA_TARGETDIR" Sequence="750">TARGETDIR=""</Custom>
    </AdminExecuteSequence>

Thanks,
Davut