I use custom action for the following operations

1) Read XML Config file and set installer properties
2) Install Device Drivers
4) Setting Windows Service privileges
5) Installing .NET Perf Counters.

etc...

WiX doesn't support these actions by default.

Please let know if you have any approach for the following issue :

I am using Managed Custom Action as details in
http://blogs.msdn.com/josealmeida/archive/2004/11/08/253831.aspx
This approach works like a charm but I didn't quite like the idea of packaging
InstallUtilLib.dll file in MSI.

Is there a way to use the InstallUtilLib.dll present in the client machine
instead of packing it in MSI Binary table as follows
<Binary Id="InstallUtil" src="$(var.FrameworkPath)\InstallUtilLib.dll" />.
(I have a Lauch Condition to check for .NET Framework presence in the client
machine).

Thanks,
Sankaranarayanan MG