I finally got it working. My mistake was that I was trying to include the
definition of the custom action into the patch definition. One must in fact
define his custom actions in the base packages and then torch/pyro will detect
the differences and include the custom action into the patch if necessary. Here
is the code snipset that I am now using: {{{<?xml version='1.0'
encoding='UTF-8'?><Wix xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi'>
<Patch    AllowRemoval='no'        Manufacturer='corp'
MoreInfoURL='http://www.dummy.com/'        DisplayName='prod'
Description='prod descr'        Classification='Update'>               <Media
Id='5000' Cabinet='RTM.cab'>            <PatchBaseline Id='RTM'/>
</Media>            <PatchFamilyRef    Id='UpdatePatchFamily' />    </Patch>
    <Fragment>           <PatchFamily Id='UpdatePatchFamily'
Version='2.0.0.35'>            <ComponentRef Id='SampleComponent'/>
<CustomActionRef Id='DoIt' />            <PropertyRef Id='MyProp' />
</PatchFamily>     </Fragment></Wix>}}}Best regards,J.