0x8007006E = -2147024786 = "The system cannot open the file or device
specified." (from WinXP SP2)

My guess is that it's a path issue.  Perhaps there's some way you can
figure out what your working path is at that point?  I think it's probably
the path to the MSI, but I'm not sure.

Kelly

si <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
11/25/2007 08:13 PM

wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
[WiX-users] XmlConfig referencing property from merge module

Greetings,

We have a framework implemented as a merge module that will be
used in multiple products. We would like the merge module to perform
framework configuration of our .NET assemblies using XmlConfig.

The issue I have run into, and am looking for guidance on, is that our
configuration file name changes depending upon the product, and it
appears that the merge module is unable to find the file defined by
the property in the product setup.

In our product.wxs:
<Property Id="CONFIG_FILE" Value="SomeAssembly.config" />
(this Id is then used to copy the File without error)

In our module.wxs:
<util:XmlConfig Id="ConfigSectionCachingAdd" File="[CONFIG_FILE]" ...

Upon installation, I get an error:
"Failed to open XML file SomeAssembly.config, system error: -2147024786"

So I know it has got the property name, so it smelt like a path issue,
until I change the property to contain the full path and it still failed.

Is this the correct approach to take?
If so, any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Thanks for any help. I'm using Wix 3.0.3516.

cheers
si

p.s. I thought the error number was the lowest bounds of signed int32,
but that's -2,147,483,648, so perhaps it actually means something? :)

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Unless indicated
to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.
Unless stated otherwise, this communication does not form a prescribed
statement of actuarial opinion under American Academy of Actuaries
guidelines.