I think I have found it, I'm not sure of a nice way to work around it
though. I've copied some code that launches IE after an install (this is
an IE only install, so no problem there) but it runs in the context of
the UI. I'm led to believe that this is where I'm mucking things up. You
can see from the code snippet below that CA_HelpInstall is the custom
action to launch IE.

            <Dialog Id="ExitDlg" Title="!(loc.IDS_WIZDLG_CAPTION)"
X="50" Y="50" Width="370" Height="270">
                <Control Id="Finish" Type="PushButton" X="236" Y="243"
Width="56" Height="17" Text="!(loc.IDS_BTN_FINISH)" Default="yes"
Cancel="yes">
                    <Publish Event="DoAction"
Value="CA_HelpInstall">InstallMode = "Typical" OR InstallMode =
"Complete"</Publish>
                    <Publish Event="EndDialog" Value="Return">1</Publish>
                </Control>

Is it possible to move this outside of the UI and is it desirable?

Regards

Ryan