Kevin Richardson wrote:
> I completely agree with you that msconfig is supposed to grab the
> company name from the resources of the code file; the point of my post
> is that it's not doing that when I install the service through the
> ServiceInstall table. It only displays the company name if the service
> is self-registered from the command-line.

Export the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services registry
key after using both approaches and diff them. That will let you see
what the differences are and maybe whether the MSI service support will
work. That said, as long as it works as expected in other programs like
Explorer and the Services snap-in, abandoning native MSI just to make
MSConfig happy seems a bad bargain.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/