Put it on Vista, it works. Back to XP, edited candle.exe.config and had
it run only on  <supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322" />. It works.
Switched back to  <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" /> and it fails
with this error code:
"
D:\temp\wix>candle.exe

Unhandled Exception:
   Cannot print exception string because Exception.ToString() failed.
"
If someone wants the .dump /ma file, I can send it to him/her.

Some links are down like the download links. Sometimes the browser won't
even open WiX.sourceforge.net. What is wrong? I could not download WiX 2
nor could I take any of the weekly releases. By the way, it appears that
the Stable WiX2 crashes on my computer out of the blue. There are no
updates to NetFX2 only to 1 and I also have installed NetFX3. So what
gives? I will copy WiX2 to another machine and try again from there.