On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:57:02 -0000, Mike Dimmick wrote:

Mike,

> If you want to localize your application I would strongly recommend
> using the satellite DLL model, where you have separate DLLs
> containing your localized resources.

No, it's not my application, I don't have any problems with that, I use Unicode
wherever needed. It's WiX; I'd like to add yet another localized WXL to the
languages already supported but I need some Latin 3 characters to author it.

With 65001, I could successfully create an installer that does display Unicode
characters not covered by any of the other, officially supported codepages.
However, I can only test it on a US XP. I'm worried about other, localized
versions of Windows, most notably the CJK version because somebody has just
mentioned that 65001 would not function there. Consequently, if anybody builds
an MSI with that localized WXL, it will display differently depending on the
operating system of the user. And this is a Bad Thing.

Bye,
   Gábor