Thanks for the advice to use a bootstrapper to achieve the below. Having
decided to do this I am now trying to add the correct commands to the
wixproj file. Below I am trying to install postgresql-8.2-int.msi before
my own msi. However it doesn't know where to find the
postgresql-8.2-int.msi file despite me putting it in every place I can
think of including C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper.

It seems this has to be created as a package in its own right, which
after following MS instructions does not work because I am working off a
wix project file rather than a standard VS2005 one. I feel as if I'm
missing the point here as it seems extremely complex to achieve a simple
process of installing one msi after another.

Does anyone have any tips or examples that are doing something similar,
as the ones I have seen are only working with standard prerequisites and
not necessarily with a wix project.

  <ItemGroup>
    <BootstrapperFile Include="postgresql-8.2-int.msi">
      <ProductName>postgresql-8.2-int.msi</ProductName>
    </BootstrapperFile>
    <BootstrapperFile Include="CallManager.msi">
      <ProductName>Call Manger 4.0</ProductName>
    </BootstrapperFile>
  </ItemGroup>
  <Target Name="BuildBootstrapper" Inputs="$(OutDir)$(TargetFileName)"
Outputs="$(OutDir)\Setup.exe" Condition=" '$(OutputType)'=='package' ">
    <GenerateBootstrapper ApplicationFile="$(TargetFileName)"
ApplicationName="Call Manager 4.0"
BootstrapperItems="@(BootstrapperFile)" ComponentsLocation="Relative"
Culture="en-US" OutputPath="$(OutputPath)" />
  </Target>
  <Import
Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\WiX\v3.0\Wix.targets" />
   <PropertyGroup>
    <BuildDependsOn>$(BuildDependsOn);BuildBootstrapper</BuildDependsOn>
  </PropertyGroup>