I have created a semi-broken patch that I cannot figure out how to
troubleshoot.

First the basic info:
Used Wix 3 and MSIMSP to create patches.
For my product, I have version 1, 1.1, 1.2
Version 1.1 adds existing components to an existing feature so I have the
same components under more than 1 feature. This patch works fine.
All patches add new files to existing features.
All patches target the RTM (ie version 1)

Here's the situation where it breaks:
Install version 1 with selecting only the feature that gets the components
added to it in 1.1 as explained above.
Install version patch to 1.2 and the installer cannot locate the files in
the cab (cab from version 1).

Troubleshooting:
The files are in the cab but windows installer can't find it. From this it
appears that there is some kind of file sequence problem. My 1.2 patch
definition file does have a start sequence that is higher than the last file
sequence number if version 1. When I use orca to view the patch, orca
crashes as soon as I click on the file table so I can't figure out what
exactly is going wrong. If I install the 1.1 patch first and then the 1.2
patch, then it works fine.

Any ideas on what's wrong? Did I miss something when authoring the installer
or the patch? Is it a problem with msimsp? What's going on with orca?

Thanks,
Lindsey