In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
    Chesong Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes:

> > My question is: Can I safely ignore this warning?
>
> It would be wise to avoid the warning.

While I agree with this, I would add that in practice I've never seen
a problem arising from overflowing the field.  Still, it puts you in a
position of "working by accident" instead of "working by design".
I've learned the hard way over the years that "working by accident"
situations eventually break when they change the implementation in
some way.