My bet is that it's using two MSIs and bootstrapping, maybe with a shared
'external' cab for less overhead in size.

Christopher Painter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
01/04/2008 09:20 AM

Bob Arnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, SaiTeja <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject
Re: [WiX-users] 32 & 64 bit

According to Stefan Krueger's blog Advanced Installer 6.1 supports the
ability to build unified mixed 32/64 bit packages.  I haven't looked to
see how they do it under the hood and I don't know if the technique is one
that WiX would support one day or not.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/installsite/archive/2007/12/20/advanced-installer-6-1-brings-unified-32-64-bit-installers-and-windows-firewall-support.aspx

Bob Arnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
SaiTeja wrote:
> 1) Is it possible to create one MSI for both 32bit and 64 bit OS

If you need to install 64-bit components, you must have a 64-bit
package. If you have only 32-bit components, then a 32-bit package will
install fine on an x64 OS.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Unless indicated
to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.
Unless stated otherwise, this communication does not form a prescribed
statement of actuarial opinion under American Academy of Actuaries
guidelines.