Hello,
We are currently busy with the process of testing/adopting the WiX
technology for
within our deployment strategy. We are working now with version
3.0.2925.
We have constructed a small 'hello world deployment' example where we
have a
WinForms app (client msi) as well as a WebService (server msi).
The server msi uses the IIS extension i.e. the <WebVirtualDir
...>/<WebApplication ...>
construct in order to get the ASP.NET 2.0 WebService installed on top of
IIS.
So far, the simple example seems to work just fine on the Win XP SP2
platform.
Out of curiousity, I also tried it on my (home) Vista PC where the
client.msi ran through
just fine but the server.msi installation ran into the following error :

Cannot Connect to Internet Information Server (-2147221164)

Obviously, the main difference is IIS5.1 vs IIS7.0 ... I was wondering
when the support
for platforms Win Vista & Win 2008 would be included ?
Greetings,
Frank