I actually wanted few suggestions , our application should support two
version of sql server i.e. sqlserver2005 and sql server2005express edition.
The sql server2005 express edition is used to show a small demo of our
application to prospective customers by installing express edition of sql
server on the client system, and then installing Our Product   .

On the other hand when the customer purchases the product, the sqlserver2005
full version should be as pre requisites installed.

This two flavors of sql server uses different connection strings to connect
to database and also to connect to report server.

I use wix3.0 as deployment tool for the product .The connection string and
report server url is being written at many places(web.config,reports
deployment config file,windows services config file) and so I am facing
problems in putting entries in these files based on which flavour of sql
server is installed.

Can you please let me know if we can have a mechanism (in WIX)of detecting
the flavour of sql server2005 and put corresponding entries in files.

This could be something like

 If SQL Server2005 full version     then

            Connection String=”Data Source=[SQLSERVER];Initial
Catalog=MaxDB;User ID=[SQLUSER];Password=[SQLPASSWORD];Max Pool Size=275”

        Key="ReportsServerUrl" value=http://[SQLSERVER]/reportserver

Else

 If SQL Server express edition    then

            Connection String=”Data Source=[SQLSERVER]\SQLExpress; Initial
Catalog=MaxDB;User ID=[SQLUSER];Password=[SQLPASSWORD];Max Pool Size=275”

      Key="ReportsServerUrl" value=
http://[SQLSERVER]/reportserver$SQLExpress

End if

Hope you got what I meant to convey :-)