  From: Mike Dimmick
  To: 'Calin Iaru' ; wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:13 PM
  Subject: RE: [WiX-users] upgrade does not work

  I'm trying to trace what's happened there. In the basic UI case,
MigrateFeatureStates is clearly doing the right thing. Basic UI skips the
InstallUISequence entirely, so some action in InstallUISequence that's not in
InstallExecuteSequence is changing ADDLOCAL. It's clearly happening in the UI
sequence as the command line to the second stage (line 359) shows all the
features in the ADDLOCAL property.

  It's hard to see what action because the installer hasn't actually logged the
change to the property. Are you sure your UpgradeOptionsDlg isn't doing this as
a consequence of some other change - perhaps, to INSTALLLEVEL? Does this dialog
have a SelectionTree control?

  It looks like the costing was still going on in the background when this
dialog was created. Perhaps the changes made by MigrateFeatureStates weren't
fully complete before the dialog was shown and it was initialised with
incorrect values, which then overwrote the correct migrated ones? See the SDK
for 'Authoring a Conditional "Please Wait." Message Box' for how to ensure that
costing is complete before proceeding with the UI.

  --

  Mike Dimmick