Xin Liu (Intl Vendor) wrote:
> In our msi there is a .zip file needed to be unzipped to target folder
> during installation. Does Wix directly support this kind of action?

Why? Isn't the MSI file like a zip file?

Anyway, your solution is really nasty. As far as I know, it will prevent
the content of the zip file from being tracked by Windows Installer.
Removing the installation will leave rogue files behind.

Just specify the content of the zip file in the source schema as one of
the components that is to be installed. The result will be the same as
with zipfile, but at least the files will be tracked inherently by the
installer.

- Adam

--
Mail Etiquette