Hi,

I have two installers. One has version 3.2 and another one has version 3.3
with upgrade functionality.

I have implemented the major upgrade feature for my Client installer(version
3.3). First I have instlled installer with version 3.2 after system restarts
again I have installed with version 3.3. The upgrade happens properly and
the system restarts (first instance).

Following the restart if I directly run the “xyz.exe” from the installation
directory, the client works fine. However if we go through the Start menu
shortcut, the installation initialization dialog is shown and seems as the
Client msi is executed without showing the UI dialogs. The system again
restarts (second instance) after this process. After the second restart the
client works fine from the Start menu shortcut. I might be missing something
here but not sure what. If anyone has faced this issue or know what could be
happening, please give us pointers.

Following is the code

<Component Id="xyz.exe" Guid="{F8490247-4CA0-4D0F-B4DC-A711652F2CAC}">
 <File Id="xyz.exe" Name="x_1" LongName="xyz.exe" KeyPath="yes"
Compressed="yes" DiskId="1" Source="xyz.exe"/>
<RemoveFolder Id="NewShortcut5" Directory="ProgramMenuFolder" On="uninstall"
/>
<Shortcut Id="NewShortcut5" Directory="ProgramMenuFolder" Name="xyzl"
LongName="xyz" Icon="xyz.exe" IconIndex="0" Show="normal" Advertise="yes"/>

                </Component>

The above component is there in both installers(version 3.3 and 3.2)