This is not strictly a WiX problem but I thought someone here may know
the answer.

If I build v1.1.0 of an MSI with a unique ProductCode and PackageCode
and then build v1.2.0 with a new ProductCode and PackageCode. Both
packages contain the same UpgradeCode and the following upgrade element:

    <Upgrade Id="10B99CC9-5D83-4489-82F3-368E772B803D">

      <UpgradeVersion Minimum="$(var.Version)" OnlyDetect="yes"
Property="NEWERVERSIONDETECTED" />

      <UpgradeVersion

        Minimum="0.0.0"

        Maximum="$(var.Version)"

        IncludeMinimum="yes"

        IncludeMaximum="no"

        Property="OLDERVERSIONBEINGUPGRADED" />

      <Property Id="OLDERVERSIONBEINGUPGRADED" Secure="yes" />

    </Upgrade>

If I install v1.1.0 and then v1.2.0 everything is fine and the package
upgrades. If I then run v1.1.0 I see the message that a newer version is
installed. Now for the problem, if I install v1.1.0 silently (using
/passive or /qb) v1.1.0 is installed so I end up with both versions
displayed in Add/Remove programs.

Is this something I am doing wrong or am I misunderstanding how MSIs
work?

Thanks

Neil

Neil Sleightholm