Still a problem. Insights, anyone?

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michal
Peled
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 10:44 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Creating a new IIS website with an existing port

Hi all,

My installation allows the user to create a new web site during
installation, providing the new site Description (name), and bindings
(port number, host header etc.).

The installation takes place on IIS 6.0 only, and the new website is
being created using iis:website controls and compiling with the
WixIIsExtension.

The situation is that users cannot create a new website with an existing
port number (granted to an existing site), even if the bindings are
different.

For example: if a user has site "A" on port 345, he can't create a new
website named "B" with the same port number using my installation.

The installation doesn't fail and doesn't change anything existing in
IIS, the website is just not being created.

When performing the same action manually on IIS, I see that the behavior
is to create the new site in a "stopped" state. That's something I can
live with.

Is that the way Wix works with IIS, or is there something I can do
differently?

Help appreciated,

Michal.