Hi

is it possible to include a ServiceInstall that refers to an .exe file that
is not part of the installation?

Could I somehow use a "virtual" File element (which defines the KeyPath
needed to define the service executable) that refers to the install location
of the already existing file and then give it some flag, so the installer
will accept the already existing file as is and also leave it alone on
uninstall? Is that safe?

Background: we'd like to register a service for a database instance as
documented here:
See http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1009886 (method 2)

Thanks,
Mark