So I've got a custom progress dialog with a Text control which subscribes to
the ActionText event.  The idea, of course, is to give the user hope that
the install will someday finish.  Problem is that each bit of text only
appears for a moment.  However, there are long stretches within the
execution cycle where the action text is entirely blank.  Even though the
install is progressing, it really looks like its hung.

Why would ActionText ever be blank?
Can I do something to say, if you're going to make it blank... just leave
the previous string in place?
OR
Can I figure out which actions are causing it to be blank and supply some
descriptive text?

(Note:  this project includes the VC CRT and ATL merge modules.  Maybe those
are responsible for the long-running blank portions?)