I am assuming you're using custom action Type 51 to set the second property's
value.  Just schedule it after the AppSearch standard action.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don Tasanasanta
(Volt)
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:54 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] defining one property before another

I know there has to be a trick to this but...

How do you ensure that one property is defined before another property is
defined?

I have a property that reads a value from the registry

And a second property that defines a directory based on the registry property

I want to make sure the reg property is defined before defining the directory
property or else my directory will point to the wrong place.